Certain people have the habit of changing their old bikes with the newer bikes that are in trend. It is obvious that the rate of the bike drops from the actual purchase coast according to the mileage, model and condition. Pre-owned vehicles are on demand than the new ones as they are cheap in price and so consumers can use it for a while and change when its time. People will try to bargain. So, make sure to follow the tips to sell your motorcycle for a better rate.
- Clean the bike: Appearance matters when someone buys a product and when its pre-owned, they become more cautious. So, keep in mind and make sure that your bike looks appealing to the customer. Give it a general clean up. Make sure there is no calcium built up on battery terminals. Clean the chain, and spray new lubes on the parts and touch up on paint if required if your bike looks rusty.
- Remove accessories: It is important to sell the bike as it was sold to you without any additional accessories. The customer may not like them and if those are worn out then it is best to remove all of them because it would depreciate the look.
- Fix a price: Do research online and refer two or more service centers on fixing the price for your vehicle. Fix a high price at the beginning so that even if the buyer negotiates you can sell it for profit.
- Give it for service: Even if you maintain your bike regularly, it is advisable to give the bike for service and ensure it is checked by the mechanic, so that you will have a peace of mind to see someone ride off on it safely.
- Gather all documents: You cannot sell a bike without its documents. Keep everything ready like the ownership proof, finance details, remaining warranty and maintenance details. The buyers may want to refer to the papers before spending for it.
- Meeting potential buyers: Share the picture of your motorcycle for advertising and make sure you don’t disclose the address as it could be easy for theft. Meet two more customers and sell it for a better price.
- Dealership option: Many people sell their bike to dealers for better rate and people prefer to buy from dealers to get a quality bike. By selling it to dealers you can save money on advertisement, time spent waiting and avoid negotiation with buyers.