Apple juice is one of the most versatile beverages that you can use. You can create recipes for smoothies, shakes, mocktails, and cocktails by mixing apple juice with other ingredients to give an interesting twist. Whether your are a health freak, a teetotaler or love sipping on a cocktail or two, apple juice can be made interesting depending on your choices and needs.
Here are five apple juice-based recipes to make drinks using apple juice. Apples are available all the year round. Their availability is not restricted to a particular geographical region or a season. So you can use the following recipe for apple-based drinks, anytime and anywhere you want.
- Apple delight smoothie: This smoothie has a creamy consistency and a sweetish flavor. In a blender, pour in half cup of apple juice, three-fourth cup diced apple, three-fourth cup of low-fat yogurt (vanilla-flavored, if you prefer), slices of half a banana and a pinch of cinnamon or nutmeg. Blend all the ingredients together.
- Spiced apple juice:In a saucepan, pour a carton of apple juice, runny honey (depending on your preferred level of sweetness), half cinnamon stick, half teaspoon of ginger and freshly grated nutmeg. Warm the concoction and stir it gently with a wooden spoon. Make sure that it does not boil. Add a few drops of lemon if required.
- Mulled apple juice: In a pan, simmer 1 liter of apple juice with strips of orange peel, one stick of cinnamon and three cloves. Add sugar or honey as per your taste and preferences, simmer it for about five to ten minutes before serving.
- Hot apple brandy: This alcoholic punch can be easily made by mixing six cups of apple juice, one and half cups of apricot brandy, three sticks of cinnamon and half a teaspoon of ground cloves. Simmer it for 30 minutes and serve.
- Apple, elderflower and mint sparkle: This non alcoholic punch can be made by mixing together cloudy apple juice with a small proportion of elderflower cordial. Roughly chop a fistful of mint leaves and throw it in the mixture. Stir everything well and pour the mixture in a chilled flask. Serve it by pouring equal proportions of the mixture and sparkling water in your juice glasses.
Make sure that you have fresh apples in hand when you use these recipes to make these drinks. Your concoctions will taste better if you use fresh and good quality apples for the recipes. If you can find farm fresh apples, your drinks will have a wholesome flavor and aroma and will be an epicurean delight.